Tuesday, May 19, 2015

'BitBox' - Visual Asset Manager Preview

A couple weeks back I started work on a dockable asset manager for Maya. Before then, I had gone looking for something similar- and there are other kinds of these visual asset browsers out there, but I had issues with each of them, so I finally decided to try my hand at creating something which worked for me. The main feature of BitBox is its simplicity and dare I say it, elegance. Everything you need is right there in a dockable form. Menus appear contextually when exporting, setting your user library path for the first time, etc. If you close the browser while in a particular folder, that folder will display the next time you open BitBox. Little but important things...

I'll write more about BitBox soon, probably over on the Materialism blog- as well as putting up a video detailing some of the features and how to use the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment